5 things that make me happy
1. My last hurrah as a sub is with a group of students I fell in love with. Surprisingly, it’s not my favorite school site – it looks like a prison – but it kind of is now because I love these students!
2. The last few episodes of “Breaking Bad” is on Netflix!
3. “Scandal” is back and I forgot (last night) – I’ll treat myself to it today! I’ll probably have to re-watch some episodes to remember what happened last!
4. A guy offered to help me move the couch even though he lives 30+ minutes away, but I really needed a truck for the task and he doesn’t have one. However, my best friend Peter’s dad’s truck was actually dead! He ended up coming anyways to load the couch in my car (a Honda Element) after I sent him this. 🙂
*I meant it when I said his workout was more important, but he thought I was being sarcastic.
5. Said guy from above (not Peter) also looks like the MMA fighter BJ Penn. Thanks Yancey for pointing that out. I’ll take it. Always thought I’d end up with an islander, except said guy is not an islander…
5 songs, because I’ve become obsessed with songs lately?
1. Donald Glover, or “Childish Gambino” sings “Heartbreak.” Yancey thought his rap songs would be parodies but they’re not.
2. I only found out that he rapped because I heard Jhene on Spotify. Do you remember her from early 2000s B2K songs?
3. Jhene and Lil’ Wayne are featured on Big Sean’s song “Beware.”
4. One of 15 feel-good songs from the last 10 years:
5. My personality doppelganger sings a song:
5 things I’m looking forward to in the next week
1. Finishing up this last class!
2. My paycheck today!
3. An invitation to lunch at Luna Grill, a Mediterranean & Middle Eastern restaurant, on Sunday. They must’ve heard Mediterranean is my favorite. Wait, that and sushi, but I’m limited on sushi choices.
4. The opening of Eureka! because I love food and beer.
5. Trying Guava Cream Ale beer at Valiant Brewing’s 1st anniversary!
5 12 links (that’s a big jump!)
Eating Disorder Awareness & Recovery: As the sun rises, the darkness fades. Sometimes I don’t know if it’s over either, but I just “live in the moment.”
A long one, but a good one: When does healthy living become a diet?
ED’s are not one size. It’s not uncommon to be uncommon in ED.
Wearable fitness trackers: Are they creating a new addiction? I don’t own one and that surprises even me. I wanted one, but I don’t need one. I already take my fitness and eating game too seriously. I don’t need it as motivation. My friend has one and will get obsessed over walking enough. Yes, she will walk more, but do I really need another thing? I remember when I wanted to buy a heart rate monitor – would that really be a big deal in my overall fitness? Probably not for me.
And then there’s this: For those with orthorexia, diet can never be ‘pure’ enough.
What I learned from 2 years of intermittent fasting.
Weight loss and self love. Health is measurable, beauty is not.
50 shades of fit
What’s your belly type? Can I get flat abs?
[Video] Body shape: How to calculate your shape & change your body. Hey, I have the perfect waist-hip ratio but have a high chest-waist ratio because I have no chest…
Why the advice “Just eat more to rev up your metabolism” is misguided. I watched all 45 minutes of this video. Extremely respectful couple with lots of science and knowledge behind their thoughts.
An interview with Neghar Fonooni because she’s fantastic.
Who is your personality and/or physical doppelganger? Who does your partner, if you have one, look like?