The holidays are now in less than ONE week [for me]! The road to winter break is long and hard though, but these are some 5 fun quotes that kept me going:
1. Me to the kids: “If you don’t do this right, the test will tell you that your job prospect is a cardboard box with a trashcan view.”
2. “I’m sorry. You’re trying to help me and I’m being an asshole.” – one of the kids
3. “Don’t suffer alone.” – my department coordinator
4. “You’re always so positive.” – co-worker
5. “You seem to have it all together.” – co-worker
In response to the many holiday gift guides and wish lists floating around, I compiled a wish list. This was hard because I’m fortunate enough to have everything I need and want. To be honest, I probably will buy #1 and #2 and that’s it.
5 7 things on my wish list
1. A new but affordable blog design, maybe from 17th Avenue Designs.
2. Peppermint bark almond butter from local maker Chef Kate
3. Flamingo capri pants from Onzie, which I don’t need.
6. A ‘ride’ on the Pan Am flight experience although there is no way I’d pay that price!
7. Chromecast, which is a great deal and what I suggested my cousin put on his wish list.
#1 above is the only one I really want, partly because I was gifted (or bought) 5 material surprises this week
1. Odwalla smoothie from a co-worker
4. A package from Mamma Chia came this week!
5. Moo business cards, which have been a long time coming. It took me 2 days to pick the design and color!
5 6 links to think about
1. 10 Struggles of Being Not Fat but Not Skinny Either – I seriously relate to 3 & 4. Let me tell you, I will never be a fashion blogger…
4. 9 Creative Projects to Become Your Best Self – Good for the new year!
What’s on your wish list?
What was a fun quote this week?