Merry Christmas from me and my family! This is my little cousin Catherine.
Guys… sick again. I think I’ve been sick once per month since starting this new job/school. Christmas cocktail: cranberry pomegranate Emergen-C.
That didn’t stop me from going to yoga though. I even managed to put on this cute outfit from Fabletics!
Brie en croute with fig jam, pecans, rosemary, & brown sugar served with fig & olive crackers. See recipe at the bottom!
We won some puppets from playing Taboo at the family get-together.
Baron got some turkey for Christmas!
We got Starbucks, which was the only store open in Old Towne Orange.
Then we squatted outside to bask in the California [sunshine] Christmas.
RECIPE: BRIE EN CROUTE WITH PECANS & FIG JAM
- 1 round of brie
- 1 Trader Joe’s puff pastry square
- 1/2 c. fig jam (I used Trader Joe’s of course)
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- Salt & pepper, as needed
- Defrost one puff pastry roll.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place brie in the center.
- Spread a layer of fig jam on top of the brie.
- Place a layer of pecans on top of the jam.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and rosemary evenly on top of the pecans.
- Starting with one corner of the puff pastry, fold to the center of the brie.
- From that corner, slowly fold sides to the brie. Don’t stretch too much because the brie will leak!
- Bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Mine was undercooked but we liked it that way!
I served mine with Trader Joe’s fig and olive crackers. I was surprised that my Asian family and their friends ate it all!
How did you spend Christmas Eve and how are you spending your Christmas Day?