Years ago, when I didn’t hardly eat and worked out too much, I screwed up my stomach. To this day, I have trouble digesting. I ate some rich food the other day, not very much of it either, and was extremely bloated and burped all night.
I’ve learned a few tricks, especially on days when I don’t want to bloat.
- Kombucha, gelatin, & turmeric all help.
- Healthy Skoop, my morning superfoods, has probiotics and it gets me extra fiber!
- Chew my food more. This aides in digestion.
- Chopping up my greens into tiny pieces eliminates the need to chew as much and makes food easier to digest.
- Meat and dairy are bloating culprits. Meat is harder to digest and maybe I’m lactose intolerant… I am Asian.
- Grains are not aggravating, in moderation. Brown rice sushi is my go-to when drinking.
- I can drink too much water. I drink a ton of liquids (see below) and sometimes overdo it!
Sometimes too many raw veggies make me bloat. Kodiak Cakes are a great option to settle my stomach.
They say to drink chocolate milk after a workout. Fairlife is hands down the best out there – lactose free and delicious. See how it’s done. I can’t wait to see it in stores!
Lemonade LA gets a reputation for having fresh food, but I think it’s a bit too oily.
The lemonade there is also too pricey. Instead, I bought some iced tea and some gummies because gelatin’s good for me right?
Food at home is always better: steamed salmon with its natural oils.
I went home and made my own lemonade: turmeric ginger lemonade from Cotter Crunch and lavender lemonade.
I also made my own gut healing kombucha/Emergen-C gummies – recipe from Cotter Crunch.
Blend was a few weeks ago, but I am still eating my swag.
I won a 3 month supply of Organic Valley.
…and since we didn’t the new Cookies & Cream flavor at the retreat, we got it sent home!
A day in my life: water, green tea, lavender lemonade, Healthy Skoop, Organic Valley egg & cheese breakfast wrap, Quest bar for snack, and salmon chopped salad (chopping the salad helps me digest it!).
Don’t worry, I ate more. After work, I went to Whitney of To Live & Diet in LA’s Vinyasa y Vino event (also her birthday!) where we ate some appetizers and drank wine after yoga. I’ll talk more about it later!
*Don’t forget to enter the Healthy Skoop giveaway!