It’s Friday night/Saturday morning and I wanted to update ASAP.
The Donut Bar opened up not too long ago in my hometown. I drive by everyday and decided to pick up the Samoa donut. I mean, how can it be bad? Well, it was bad. It’s a baked donut, hard, and the toppings were glued on it. This is my third time trying the Donut Bar and I really need to stop trying. When I took it out of the box, it was a brick and just looked gross. Thank goodness my student loves coconut and eats anything.
Now Sidecar Doughnut does a Samoa right. They didn’t have it, but they had two amazing doughnuts: I had to restrain myself and only took a bite of each!
Banana macadamia pineapple
The school finally called me back on Friday. Maybe they meant this Friday not last Friday?! No, they actually had a tough time choosing between me and another candidate. Well, they didn’t go for me and that’s okay. Had you told me Tuesday, I would’ve had a meltdown. I realized that…
- I actually don’t have my credential yet… only a few more weeks.
- This was only my FIRST interview this year!
- I got to the final round!
- This is my second time being SECOND. Last year, I went to the final round as well.
- I got experience interviewing in front of a panel and doing a demo lesson plan.
- I had no connections to this district – this means I have hope outside of our district!
- Speaking of that, our district has quite a few openings coming up.
- There are still lots of jobs in the area.
So while I was sad, I am also hopeful. I even gave them a call back and they told me to apply again when there’s something else available.
I packed a [canned] tuna salad for lunch, but I stopped by Mother’s Market for some comforting vegan mac and cheese (plus I posted some recipes yesterday and was craving it!). I ate the tuna salad for dinner.
I’ve stayed up late this week so I needed a nap to clear my head. Naps everyday…
My friend Alison told me about the flamingo and tiki decor at the Dollar Tree. I picked up this seashell bra. It’s not comfortable, but it’s fun!
Perks of having itty bitties. 🙂 Body image post coming soon…
I finished up with some homework, watched more of the “The Game,” and readied my nails for my cousin’s wedding tomorrow.