This week’s eats features samples and purchases after the L.A. Fit Expo. Here’s just one day in the week. I’ve added a few reviews at the end. 🙂
8 A.M. 1/2 double chocolate chunk Quest Bar, sipped on my protein smoothie on my way to work
*1st period class
10:15 A.M. polished of protein smoothie: vanilla Supreme Protein, frozen pineapple tidbits, greens, water, ice
*3rd period class
~12:30-12:45 P.M. 1/2 can tuna, 4 Brussel sprouts, Betty Lou’s coconut macadamia protein ball
*5th period class
*30 minute nap 😦
7 P.M. Trader Joe’s whole wheat flatbread, 1/2 with Daiya shredded cheddar & 1/2 with Sprint 2 the Table’s peanut tofu butter & Oxygen Mag’s power jelly.
8:30 P.M. NEW! Cookies & Cream Quest Bar
Called a few GNC stores…
Yes, it requires 2 pictures: the texture & taste is like double chocolate chunk.
9:30 P.M. And more dessert: Halo Top Creamery lemon cake, my favorite!
Review of exhibitors from L.A. Fit Expo:
- Supreme Protein – New brand that will be coming soon. They were a big presence at the Expo. Their protein bars were notable, especially the apple cinnamon. I got a couple of protein samples. I couldn’t really taste the vanilla flavoring today but the cappuccino flavor was apparent in yesterday’s smoothie.
- Betty Lou’s – The company makes Just Great Stuff powdered PB, which is a little more expensive than PB2. I’ve never seen the rest of their line, which includes nut butter balls. They were so good!
- Reed’s – I found $2 off coupons last week and they were giving out $1 off coupons at the Expo. I’ve tried almost every flavor. I’m not too picky about my kombucha though I do love GT’s. I like that it helps my tummy. 🙂 I probably wouldn’t shell out the MSRP price.
- Daiya – Not only do they have shredded cheese and cheese slices, they have cream cheese now. I got a coupon and there was a sale so I chose the shreds. The cheese is good but must be melted; otherwise, it tastes foul. Unlike other cheeses, it melts well and makes for a good quesadilla or grilled cheese. Their strawberry cream cheese is amazing too!
- Quest Bar bar – Okay, I LOVE Quest. I may or may not eat one a day. This might not be the best thing for me, but it quells my chocolate cravings and is a great portable snack. Anyways, I called a few GNC stores after seeing that some had them in the back room. Lo and behold, I got a couple of the new flavor. Along with raspberry cheesecake, chocolate chip cookie dough, and double chocolate chunk, cookies & cream is a favorite.
- Halo Top Creamery – I didn’t see them though they were on the map. I’ve only tried lemon and reviews tell me this is the best one. It’s not like Arctic Zero. The texture is that of ice cream not icy lemonade and there is flavor and sweetness.
- The Cookie Department – All of them are good – I’ll be searching for them!
- Perky Jerky – It’s better than Krave! Perky Jerky is moist (sorry if you hate that word).
- Fun Fitness Apparel – Just cool sayings on shirts rather than brands.