Yesterday was miserable.
After 2 weeks of
nothing bliss, I returned to school xs 2, work and my classes.
Here’s how the morning went:
- 5 A.M. – Wake up. Check SubFinder. Nothing. Press snooze.
- 5:10 A.M. – Alarm goes off. Check SubFinder. Nothing. Press snooze.
- 5:20 A.M. – Alarm goes off. Check SubFinder. Nothing. Press snooze.
- This ensued until 6:10. At 6, requests for subs go almost immediately to the automated phone line so really there’s no point in checking. Except there were 3 openings and 1 of them was available. The phone line must have been tied up with 2 of them!
Unfortunately, this meant I would get to sleep in for maybe 30 minutes before having to wake up for work. Not much of a slumber…
This is a new school site for me and it wasn’t too shabby. I especially loved the class I was in.
I had a period off so I worked out for 35 minutes – brought a towel to put on the rug in class. 🙂 Then I did some reading for my class on that couch, and ate my sandwich at that table.
I was so tired from the lack of sleep. I got 5 hours of quality sleep then maybe 1 hour of on/off sleep. I started reading Divergent… then of course, fell asleep.
I woke up, ran an errand, and did another quick workout while waiting for the shower.
My friend Kayla, who lives in Texas, did this too. Virtual workout buddies!
So how am I treating myself?
Homemade hot cocoa while reading for class. Salted caramel vodka hot chocolate would be better.
This “Gourmet Cheesecake Protein Bar” was next to the Quest bars at GNC so I gave it a shot. Sadly, not as good. Maybe I should’ve tried choc chip cookie dough.
I want another!
…and looking at old pictures with mom. She was 28 in this picture. Some people say we look alike. We don’t think so.
We are still waiting to hear from the realtors about the house. Geez. But mom got the baby in her king cake today at work!
Other ways I’m treating myself Tuesday:
- Watch “Pretty Little Liars.” It’s back on tomorrow and we know Ali’s alive!
- Making that salted caramel hot chocolate?
- Fixing my nails. There’s a crooked one that I keep starring at!
- Malibu this weekend with my girl Vanessa
- Plans to hike at Mecca Hills and Painted Canyons
What are ways you treat yourself?