Holidays are magical – spending time with family, eating out, and ditching the gym for workouts at home.
Same thing year after year, and my body loves it.
I lost some weight this summer partying and drinking.
Then I gained it back since October. Who knows why?
I’m on my way back down though. No big deal.
Today is “Thank Your Body Thursday.”
Not the best picture of me – darn those stripes, but these pants from a year ago still fit.
I’m not 100% sure what my body looked like last year, but I love it more this year. Here’s a better angle.
This was a BIG year. This is early, but it’s happening…
- I stayed in touch with my forever roommate Yancey.
- I visited San Francisco and D. Flo. Hm, those turquoise pants seem to look better now.
- I went back to school. I’m still in school.
- I tried CrossFit for 4 months. I even won our gym’s partner paleo challenge!
- I went to my first blogger retreat, Blend, in Park City, Utah. Met and kept in touch with some wonderful ladies.
- I switched positions at work for awhile.
- I got 2 interviews for jobs I’m not entirely qualified for. I was even one of two finalists.
- I made friends, partied, and in general, had fun.
- I said goodbye to my first car and inherited my mom’s Honda Element.
- I met a guy. He was a
littlelot insecure and crazy. It went on for 2 months. He broke it off then wanted it on, and I said no.
- I got over it and met another guy. He took me out on dates, but he was a
littlelot needy. I broke it off after 2 weeks.
- Probably because I thought I was in love with a friend of 6 years this one weekend. I’ve had a crush on him before. FYI: unlikely we’ll get together.
- I went on lots of hikes and day trips.
- Of course, mistakes were made. I try to forget them, but it’s okay.
Best selfies of the year: Damn, my [summer] body is rocking.
And next year promises to be even better. How do I know? Because I suppose you can say, it’s part of my ongoing recovery (from ED and exercise bulimia not drugs and alcohol).
How was your year? Wins/losses?