When I got to work, I immediately went to the library to work one-on-one with a student. We finished analyzing a Langston Hughes poem – perfect for my background – and writing an extended metaphor in 30 minutes. He spent the rest of the time on his phone/taking a nap and I read Safe Haven.
I read more when I got home and ate a bowl of Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares. These are new-to-me and absolutely delicious.
My cousin came home and announced he was going to Slater’s 50/50. I love Slater’s – they have a great beer menu – and I was hungry.
I made my own burger and ate it BUNLESS: 1/3 lb turkey patty with brie, grilled onions, grilled pineapple, roasted red peppers, and green leaf lettuce. I had the sweet Thai chili sauce on the side. *My cousin got sweet potato fries with their delicious pumpkin sauce.
Beer: Epic Santa Cruz Brown Ale. A little darker than I like but it was a happy hour special. I drank 1/2.
…and here are some reads for the long weekend:
Tips for your 20s and beyond
- Young adults are the most stressed
- Creating a balanced lifestyle by a Huntington Beach yogi
- 24 ways to be a better person
- So true: 7 reasons why you lose so many friends in your 20s.
If you’re curious
- My Morning Routine. Why do you care? It’s celebrities’ morning routines!
- Food gifts to bring French people from America
Work it out
- Inner thigh exercises
- 7 active recovery workout ideas
- Weight loss vs. fat loss
- 13 functional dumbbell movements
- Cocoa Lounge: an endless chocolate buffet. It’s real.
- Microwaved breakfast or dessert: chocolate chip protein “English muffin.”
Any cool links you think I should read?
How often do you eat out? I eat out once every 2 weeks. This was totally spontaneous and sometimes necessary so I don’t try to eat “perfect” all the time.