Last time I went to visit my friend Drew, I was a complete jerk because I was not really feeling up to partying. I just worked out a lot instead so tomorrow, I’m going to get high-proof liquor, liquor myself up, and drink lots of water.
Before that though, I’ll be on a plane for several hours eating apples and a ham & cheese roll then working out quite a bit. I’ll get home, go to the hip hop class, do some cardio, get in some foam rolling, do some weights, do my nails…
Yeah, this one’s for you Drew. Then back to the grind.
I never got to get into the food truck obsession over in North Carolina so here goes. I was super excited about going to the OC Fair’s Food Truck Fare Thursdays, but I found out about the OC Din-Din A-Go-Go at Irvine Lanes tonight. I forget how many trucks were there, but here’s a list of those that I do remember:
- Dos Chinos – longest line, most interesting menu, love the name of the Asian-Mexican food, took the longest to get my food
- Chomp Chomp Nation – Singaporean with an American twist, a tad more expensive but lots of sweet + salty mixtures, awesome crew and lots of people inside
- Piaggio on Wheels – Argentinean food part 2 after I ate at a poorly serviced Argentinean restaurant, nice people
- Rolling Sushi Van – sushi but no yogurt tonight, I can’t eat sushi from a van because I don’t even eat pre-prepared sushi
- Taco Dawg – late to arrive but quick to set-up, good choices of hot dogs and tacos with lots of toppings
- Chunk n Chip – blasted good music (to me that means Maroon 5 who have a new album out soon too!), too cold for ice cream sandwiches though
- Lomo Arigato – opened late, limited menu, not interested
- The Lime Truck – good solid menu with interesting combinations, good not too sweet limeades made fresh and quite popular
I was so happy with the service, the atmosphere, and the food. This isn’t like the last time I saw so many food trucks (at the OC Fair when I was working there). It’s clean and fun.
For someone who says she doesn’t like the food I make her eat, my mom grabs food pretty fast. I picked Piaggio on Wheels for her. They had specials tonight including an angus burger with bleu cheese with chimichurri fries and a champagne chicken mac and cheese. Both sounded good and we’ve had tons of both dishes lately so I let the guy choose and surprise me when it came out. He gave me the burger.